Followers

Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy Veteran's Day!!!



Dear Veteran's,
Thank you so much for fighting for our country. I wouldn't be typing these words I am now if it wasn't for you. I want to take a minute to get away from all this glitz and glamor, and get back to reality. People die every day, but you don't now how. Some committe suicide, others accidents, and for some, they fought for us, and didn't make it. The people that risks their own lives to save mine, are the most thoughtful people I can think of. I appreciate them all and hope they can understand. Words can't even describe how lucky I am. Some of you veterans had to see your dad, best friend, mom, aunt, uncle, brother, son, or daughter get shot because they wanted to risk their own life to save many others. I don't really know why veterans risk their lives for us, but I just want them to know how much I am thankful. I think that's the nicest thing anyone's done for me. Not words, hopes, dreams, or anything can show how thankful you are, except for respect. So many die and yet everyone around them acts like nothing is going on. People could be fighting their lives for us and no one else could notice. That's why I think veterans day is so great, because people get a chance to come back to reality and realize what people are actually doing for us. It's not a couple gunshots and then it's done, it's more than a dictionary definition can say. The definition for war or battle is a conflict carried on by force of arms, as between nations or between parties within a nation, but I personally believe that it is so much more complex than that. I feel that they are just too great for words. All I can say, is thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment